Booking Terms and Conditions for Porthleven Holiday Cottages
Your reservation is a legally binding contract and by making a reservation you are agreeing to comply with our Terms and Conditions as set out below.
1. Contract of hire
- Porthleven Holiday Cottages Limited (PHC) act on behalf of and are connected with Companies or individuals whom own the holiday properties (hereafter called the OWNERS).
- The hiring contract shall be between the hirer and the Owners of the individual properties and shall be deemed to be made subject to these Booking Conditions.
- The Contract of Hire is not effective until PHC dispatches to the Hirer written confirmation of a booking.
- The hiring contract confers upon the Hirer the right to occupy the property for a holiday only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists after the date of the holiday.
- The Guest certifies that he or she is over 18 years of age and is authorised to agree to the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons who will occupy the property during the period for which he or she has booked it and that they are all, apart from infants, aware of the Booking Conditions.
Self Catering accommodation
- A deposit of 50% of the total cost of the accommodation plus a booking fee is payable at the time of booking. Refunds will be made to the same card that was used for payment.
- The final balance is due 4 weeks before the date of arrival. If the final balance is not paid on the due date PHC will advise the guest by email (if applicable) that his or her booking is cancelled and his or her initial payment is forfeit and that he or she remains liable for the full amount of the final payment.
- For bookings made within one calendar month of the due date of arrival full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Provisional bookings are held for 7 days during which time confirmation of the booking is required by payment of either the 50% deposit or full payment. Provisional bookings will be automatically cancelled after 7 days if no deposit is received.
- Once a booking has been accepted by PHC the booking can only be changed to another date or room by treating the original booking as a cancellation. If there is a request for a move to a different date, this can be accommodated in some instances and at the discretion of PHC.
- Changing the booking to a different date could mean a change in price which could be either more or less than the previously quoted booking price.
Artist Loft Ensuite Rooms
- A deposit of £20 per night is payable at the time of booking.
- The final balance is due 7 days before arrival. If the final balance is not paid on the due date, PHC will advise the guest by email that his or her booking is cancelled and his or her initial payment is forfeit and that he or she remains liable for the full amount of the final payment.
- For bookings made within 7 days of due date of arrival, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Provisional bookings are held for 7 days during which time confirmation of the booking is required by payment of either the £20 per night deposit or full payment. Provisional bookings will be automatically cancelled after 7 days if no deposit is received.
- Once a booking has been accepted by PHC the booking can only be changed to another property by treating the original booking as a cancellation. If there is a request for a move to a different date in the same property, this can be accommodated in some instances and at the discretion of PHC.
- Payments can be made via Sage Pay (online), or by credit/debit card over the phone to our office.
Self catering accommodation
- Self catering bookings cancelled 16 weeks in advance of arrival date will be refunded in full with a £50 cancellation charge applied.
- For bookings cancelled less than 16 weeks before the arrival date, every effort will be made to re-let the property in which case 50% of the full payment made will be refunded to you. If however, the property is not re-let, you are liable for the full cost.
- Changing bookings from one week to another after the booking has been made will incur a £50 fee and changes cannot be made within 4 weeks of the date of arrival.
- The booking fee is non refundable in all cases.
- Whilst we have been assured by the government that there won’t any future lockdowns, obviously, this can’t be completely ruled out. Should the government decide to impose a lockdown in the area in which you live or in Cornwall you will have two options:
- Move your booking to a later date. This may mean that the cost of your booking will change. If may go up or down depending on the week and property booked. You may move your booking up to 12 months in advance.
- Get a refund. We will keep the booking fee and give you a full refund of any other payments you have made.
- We strongly recommend taking out holiday insurance to cover you if you are unable to take the holiday for any reason.
Artist Loft Ensuite Rooms
- Bookings cancelled more than 7 days before the arrival date will receive a full refund.
- Bookings cancelled with less than 7 days before the arrival date will be charged the full amount.
- Changing bookings to another date will incur a charge of £5.
- There is no booking fee for the Artist Loft Ensuite Rooms.
- We (PHC) shall not be liable to you or any member of your party for any harm, loss or damage to person or property arising from the letting.
6. Changeover days
- Changeover days for self-catering properties are either a Friday or Saturday. Please refer to the individual property details.
- Out of season short breaks or mid week breaks may be available, and will be advertised on our website or through email marketing.
- Artist Loft arrivals are any day of the week.
7. Arrival & Departure times
- In order that the property can be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for the next arrival, departure time is 10:00am with arrival being from 4:00pm.
- All our properties have a key safe, and you will be given the code for the safe to release the door key two weeks prior to arrival with your arrival instructions.
- You can arrive at any time after 4:00pm on the start date of your holiday
8. Number in the Party
- You must inform us of the number of people staying in the property and at no time must this exceed the number given on the booking form.
- PHC reserves the right to refuse admittance/and/or cancel the booking if this condition is not observed.
- No more than six day visitors to a property are permitted without the prior written consent of the Company which reserves the right to require payment of a refundable breakage’s deposits in such circumstances.
9. Personal Belongings
- Vehicles, baggage and personal belongings are at the Hirers risk at all times.
- No responsibility will be accepted for loss or damage to any belongings or its contents.
- Guests parking in the company’s car park do so at their own risk.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome in the properties that state this in their details.
- An additional charge of £20 (per dog) is made for dogs and we request that they are not allowed upstairs or on the furniture and that all trace of them is removed from the garden and the property at the end of the holiday.
- Pets must not be left at the property unsupervised this can result in considerable damage and distress to the pet.
- PHC reserves the right to charge for any extra impose additional deposit charges for guests with Pets for additional cleaning.
- No dogs are allowed at The Artist Loft.
- We shall be allowed access to the property at a reasonable time for essential maintenance work. It is hoped that this will be by prior arrangement.
- All the properties have heating, ranging from under-floor or central heating to night store heaters.
- Many have additional heating with open fires or wood burners. A complimentary basket of kindling and logs is provided in the properties with fires or stoves, on stays of 7 nights or more.
13. The Properties
- We try to ensure that the properties are heated and aired constantly but retain their inherent character. Any queries regarding the condition of the property, the accommodation afforded or the facilities available must be taken up with PHCL within 48 hours of arrival so that any necessary action may be taken.
- No action in this regard will be entered into after the holiday has finished.
14. Care of the Property
- The hirer is responsible for looking after the property during the holiday and leaving it in a clean and tidy condition. Any breakages or damage must be reported to the office and paid for.
- Where excessive cleaning is required, or damage beyond normal wear and tear has occurred a charge will be made.
15. Property owner’s rights
- PHC acting on behalf of the Owners reserves the right to refuse any booking and also cancel any booking already made, if in its absolute discretion it considers this to be necessary.
- Where a booking is cancelled, it will make every effort to offer an alternative holiday at no increase in cost and if the Hirer does not accept the alternative holiday offered, the Owners will return to the Hirer the deposit paid and any other sum paid to the Owners by the Hirer.
- All bed linen and towels are provided but we do not provide beach towels.
- If you have young children in your party please also bring waterproof mattress protectors.
- Children are not permitted in The Artist Loft.
- Where low occupancy rates are offered, linen provided and beds made up will be for the number of guests staying.
- We have a limited number of high chairs that we can provide for your property. Guests should ensure they request these at the time of booking. Linen and bedding for travel cots is not provided.
18. Lost Property
- Please make every effort to ensure you remove all your clothing and belongings at the end of your holiday.
- We will return items to you on receipt of full payment for the postage required and an additional £5 handling and packing charge.
- Items not claimed after 28 days will be disposed of.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that the representations contained in the brochure, online and in all advertising materials are made in good faith, neither they nor any oral representations made by employees or representatives of the Owners will create liability on the part of the Owners.
- Please bear in mind that many of the properties are old, traditional buildings with narrow stairs and steps between rooms so do take extra care until you have the measure of them.
- Granite, salt air and paint do not work well together, so despite a constant maintenance programme you may find paint flaking. Likewise, in the older properties, damp patches may appear after wet weather due to the construction of the building.
- PHC reserve the right to amend prices on the website due to errors or omissions. PHC will notify Customers of any changes as soon as possible and the Customer shall be able to end the contract if the amended price is significantly higher than the original price quoted.
- Should there be any changes in the rate of VAT between the date the Customer submits a booking and the date of the Booking Confirmation, PHC will adjust the rate of VAT and the Customer agrees to pay the revised rate.
- Provisional bookings can be made for future years where prices have not yet been agreed. Once prices are agreed all guests with provisional bookings will be contacted to ask for a deposit.
The use of amenities provided by the Owners such as swimming pools, swings or climbing frames, etc are used entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries to persons, or loss, damage to any belongings of persons who use them.
- There shall be no liability for any claim arising from the act, omission or neglect or default of the Owners, its representatives unless proved to be done with intent to cause damage or recklessly and with knowledge that loss or danger would probably result.
- The Owners representatives have no authority to waive or modify these Conditions other than in writing.
- Any complaint must be made during the time of your stay so that it can be investigated and remedied as soon as possible. Complaints will not be accepted or dealt with after the holiday.
24. Matters Beyond Our Control
- These include local happenings that may occur at any time, e.g. events, nearby building work or invasion by pests.
- Neither the Owner nor PHCL accepts responsibility for any matter beyond their control or for the effects any works may have on your enjoyment of the property. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We will always endeavour to ensure that advertised services such as broadband are working but in the unfortunate event of a breakdown, no compensation or refund will be due.
25. Governing law and jurisdiction
- The contract between the Owner and the Customer shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute of claim arising out of or in connection with the contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
26. Your information and privacy